Because we are a nonprofit, it is only through the generosity of our community that we are able to survive. We thrive on the kindness of our members, donors, and volunteers. Your donation is deeply appreciated and will make a real difference in the lives of those we serve!
We also have donation initiatives for people who wish to donate in a more targeted way.
Sponsor One Survivor (SOS)
With our Sponsor One Survivor (SOS) initiative, donors may sponsor the stay of one of our shelter clients!
Our goal is to reach $10,608 a year in SOS donations.
See our flyer about the SOS initiative to learn more.
You may also volunteer to sponsor a pet! Sometimes, our shelter clients are afraid to leave their pets behind. When this happens, we may sometimes need a safe temporary home for the pet. If you are interested in fostering a pet in your home, please give us a call at (434) 394-3505!
If you wish to donate items to the shelter, please call our office at (434) 394-3505 to schedule a drop off time and location. Because the location of our shelter is confidential, we will be happy to meet you somewhere to pick up the donations!
See our list of accepted donations below to get an idea of the types of items we need. If you call our office, we can provide you with more information about our immediate needs. In addition to the items listed below, Wal-Mart gift cards are always appreciated.
Please note that we are unable to accept donations of used clothing or linens. If you call our office, we can provide you with contact information for clothing closets in the area that our clients use when needed.
· Paper Products (Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc.)
· Batteries (9 volt & AAA sizes)
· Plastic utensils
· Zip-lock bags (all sizes)
· Trash bags
· Dishwasher detergent
· Dish soap
· Cleaning supplies (bleach)
· Liquid laundry detergent (regular and sensitive skin)
· Fabric softener sheets
New Linens & Clothing
· New twin size sheet sets (white)
· New twin comforter sets & blankets (white)
· New white towels and washcloths
· New, unopened packages of women’s and children’s underwear (all sizes)
· New, unopened packages of socks
· Plain-colored t-shirts (all sizes)
· New, white bathrobes (child and adult)
*Please note that we are unable to accept donations of used clothing or linens and travel-size shampoos and soaps.
· Baby wipes and diapers
· Infant bath
· Over-the-counter medications for pain and cold/flu
· New journals/notebooks
· Children’s books, games, and family-oriented
· DVDs (No toys that are violent or have small parts. DVDs must be G or PG)
· Books on parenting, intentional living, and skill- building (vocabulary, personal financial planning, job hunting)
· Postage stamps
· Pet food and food bowls
· Pet toys and leashes
· Pet litter
Other Giving Options
When shopping on Amazon, please use use Amazon Smile and select Southside Center for Violence Prevention as your charity!
Transportation Donation Program
Donate your car, boat, truck, RV, jet ski, or snowmobile to SCVP and receive a tax deduction! This no cost, no hassle process begins when you contact our fundraising partner, Donation Line LLC at 877-227-7487. Make sure to ask for us by name or our extension number 3408, or you can click here: Car Donation.
Give Through the Mail
Please address your check to:
Southside Center for Violence Prevention
P.O. Box 466
Farmville. VA 23901
Disclaimer: If a Monetary Donation Form is not received with your donation,
you are agreeing to the following terms:
Access our monetary donation form here.